Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hello!


Hello! My name is Scott and this is my first attempt at a blog. I've been playing MMO's for about 5 years now and have always wanted to do something like this. I want to keep a record of my character, Auro and his travels in the game. I will most likely also be touching on other subjects but the majority of this blog will be dedicated to Auro and Lord of the Rings Online.

I feel as though Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) is often overlooked by many MMO players. The game as it is right now makes for a very fun and rewarding experience and it is only going to get better. My character is only level 33 at the moment but I am making steady progress. I can't wait to see Moria once the expansion comes out.

OK so thats a little intro. I want to talk a little bit about my past experience in MMO's for a minute so you know where I'm coming from. I've played the following at some point over the last 5 years: SW Galaxies, Final Fantasy XI, RF Online, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, Age of Connan, and LOTRO. Of those, there are three that I really got into. World of Warcraft to some extent (2 level 50+ characters), LOTRO (played at launch, just coming back), and Finally FFXI.

FFXI was the first, and so far only, MMO that really, truly hooked me. I made some great friends on Odin Server (This is Tavis if any of you are reading) and overall had a great time in the game. I got my Paladin to the Max level (75) and engaged in endgame (mostly Sky as that was big at the time). I ended up having to leave the game because the time commitment was way too much for me. I'm hoping LOTRO can be the 2nd game that I actually make it to "endgame". I will probably post a bit more about my FFXI experiecnces at a later date but that is all for now.

I hope that I can post tomorrow about my Book 3 adventure from tonight. I need to get to bed now though. I'll leave you with a quick screenshot to test this thing out!

No comments: